Thanks for checking us out! Heres some info:
ZUU studio is:
MADE IN THE USA (Richmond Va, to be exact.)
- a small, woman-owned business
- a place where materials are chosen for their durability and integrity. You can be sure that you're getting a product that has been thoroughly and thoughtfully designed.
- founded by Meg Roberts in 2010
MEG roberts is:
- a studio artist formally trained in all things metal and jewelry (and lots of wood and fiber techniques too) from the great Virginia Commonwealth University (BFA, 2009)
- obsessed with comparing people to animals.
- a lover of the American Museum of Natural History and its glorious dioramas.
- featured here in the Style Weekly Magazine!
I see a whale as calm and wise. A bison as adventurous and independent. A sloth as well, slothy but happy! I find all of these traits to be important and at one time I wanted a slew of animal tattoos to serve as a daily reminder of these qualities.
As it turns out, I'm a big chicken.
I couldn't bring myself to actually get a tattoo so I used my metalsmithin' skills, made animal drawings out of metal and turned them into necklaces. This worked out quite nicely! I could put on whichever animal I needed to embody AND it would not freak out my grandma. (Added bonus: no needles or Hep C!) Thus, the idea for ZUU Studio was born. I made illustrations of my favorite animals from all over the world, digitized them, and with the help of a small family owned metal fabrication shop, started my production line. Now, our tattoo inspired necklaces can be found on people from all over the planet!